Thursday, June 19, 2008

Vancouver's Second Beach...


Before I found my paradise aka Kauai... This was where I would come to escape. I would walk the seawall from the Burrard Street Bridge, meander past those beaching it at English Bay and work my way around the corner to the Second Beach Pool. Here I would pay my $2.50 and swim in a glacier blue coloured pool while looking out at our harbour - too cold and frankly too polluted to expose my skin to.


Today my pool, that had been a familiar friend, made me feel sad, because now I know there is something, somewhere better. A place where I don't have to be caged, expose myself to chlorine or hold my breath before plunging into 65 degree water... A place where I can easily wade in, float like a jelly fish, roll onto my back and make pictures out of the puffy cumulus clouds. Today, I am home sick :{ P.
.
If you would like to see more photos of English Bay check out my Facebook Pics.
.

No comments: