Tuesday, June 17, 2008

The Pursuit of Happiness!

This is my 5th post on the subject of Happiness... I like that I am not the only person looking for answers ;P

Sunday night on 60 Minutes they ran a story about, "Little Denmark, with its five-and-a-half million people, is the happiest country in the world", says a study done by an English University. Morley Safer reports why the Danes are so happy and explores why the U.S. is way down the list...
[Note: Canada is no. 8]



Is having "low expectations" the key to Happiness?

If that's the case, I'm doomed... I am reminded of an episode of Home Improvement when Tim Taylor is asked to pick a number - he chooses 6,486,267! I too - think BIG, and like my American friends - I want it all! If that makes for highs and lows, so be it. I would rather live a life of failures and successes than a life of mediocrity.

P.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's an interesting study.

I try to go for a "happy but never truly satisfied" attitude in my life, rather than a "satisfied but never truly happy" one.
Enjoying the journey on the way to bigger and better things is what I strive for. I don't always manage it, but when I do, life seems pretty rosy indeed.

Anonymous said...

(gruggach is Corey Lyons, by the way. In case you were wondering.) *waves*