Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Another First... A Life Coach! Part I

What better time to get some coaching when you are in the midst of a career/lifestyle change?!

Ron Helman is my new GURU...

How did we meet? Well, it's a funny story... My girlfriend Heather who is a Magazine Stylist asked me if while I had some spare time - could I assist her on a shoot for Oprah at Home Magazine? Would I??? Of course, who wouldn't - how cool... that was until I was reminded of the "hurry up and wait" reality of my Set Dec past in the Film Industry. In any case, I've learned to be grateful and to NEVER look a gift horse in the mouth! Plus... you just never know what one thing leads to. My life has been random enough to have learned this lesson time and time again. Be OPEN to possibility...

At the cabin, we were styling on Bowen Island we met Ron and his lovely wife Pamela Markoya... This great couple from New Mexico were staying at the main house on a Home Exchange (Funny, I happen to be a member of SHEI). Well having worked with visitors to our corner of the world for the last decade, I couldn't help give as much advice as possible about Vancouver & Whistler to ensure that their experience was the best it could be. Hence we bonded... we exchanged email addresses and it was then that I received the website addresses for both Pamela & Ron and discovered that Pamela was a talented artist and Ron - was not only an accomplished jazz musician but an established Life Coach! Who new?!

Ron was kind enough to offer me a Coaching Session to explore the possibilities of having a Life Coach. We exchanged a few emails and set up a time to chat for an hour... Today I called him just to see if I needed to prepare anything. He said I should think about what I wanted to get from the call... That for the most part it will be about getting to know each other better to see if we "fit". Though he mentioned that after checking out my blog, he considered me to be a Creative, Honest and Forthright individual and that this "Profile" type was one that he enjoyed working with due to our attraction to speed... when focusing on goal execution.

Ooo... I liked the sound of that - SPEED! So I thought about my immediate and long term goals:

  • I want to live a life of abundance! I want to make a great living being Me - a writer and an explorer.
  • I want to contribute to my family, friends and communities.
  • I want to have a home in Kauai, spend summers in Vancouver and Christmas in Whistler.
  • I want to be in a committed relationship and create a family.
  • I want to be in excellent health so I can enjoy all my good fortune.

Next I looked on Ron's website... and found some aspirations I was aligned with:

  • Turn on your ability to create the results you want.
  • To shift from reacting to events to being proactive in your life.
  • Make a move from thinking about challenges to taking positive action.
  • Move out of old restrictive patterns into new action and effectiveness.
  • Accomplish more with less effort and have much more space for joy and fulfillment in your life.
  • Get on-track for financial well being for life.
  • Aligning your livelihood with your direction in life.
  • Expand your vision about what is possible in your life.

I can't wait for our call! Stay tuned... xo P.

.

No comments: