Wednesday, July 16, 2008

WHY when booking a flight... ONLINE...


From Vancouver CANADA to Beijing CHINA did I get redirected from my favourite travel database: Kayak.com to United.com a US site? Okay silly question... BUT...

When I went to pay by Credit Card it asks for a US ZIP Code. Not being able to provide this I could not complete the transaction.

So... As an alternative - I logged onto the United.ca Website - put in the same dates, got the exact same flight schedule BUT for $320.00 more??!!! Not COOL...

In an attempt to determine why this would be (fearing our Canadian Government was at the bottom of this injustice) I clicked the conveniently placed button on their website labelled: Price Breakdown but NOTHING happens - on either site - SO frustrating :{

NOW I step it up and call United's Toll Free Customer Service number and go through a maze of automated instruction - 20 minutes in total - only to eventually be transferred to WEB support! Jimminy Cricket....

I thought, now what the heck are the techs going to do about this - but no one in reservations had any answers, so I gave it a try. After ENROLLING a lovely man named Mark on how unacceptable this was - to my surprise he honored the US price and allowed me to pay with my Canadian Credit Card!

Today the Canadian Dollar is worth 99.7 which means I paid $23.10 more - this I did accept.

Lesson learned... DON'T just take what they tell you... Fight the good fight when necessary and spread the word! ;P
.

No comments: