Monday, July 28, 2008

Reunions

This past weekend... my highschool had a reunion and it made me think of this movie quote:

Sam Weber: Hey, Nick? You know, we go back a long way...

Nick: Wrong, a long time ago we knew each other for a short period of time; you don't know anything about me. It was easy back then. No one had a cushier berth than we did. It's not surprising our friendship could survive that. It's only out there in the real world that it gets tough.

From The Big Chill written & directed by Lawrence Kasdan

I still stay in touch with my friends from High School. Though our lives have taken different paths, and we don't have much in common but the past, seeing them reminds me of a simpler time. A time when anything was possible. It's true that the "real world" isn't as easy as it was when we were 17 but then again it sure is more interesting. xo P
.

No comments: