Tuesday, July 22, 2008

I'm falling in LOVE with my new iPhone...


Like any new relationship - there is a period of adjustment... during this time, you decide if your new love - in this case referred to as "it",  is a keeper.

Does it FIT like my old phone? No, it's bigger and a little awkward to hold but the tactile pleasure of it's shiny smooth surface makes me want to hold it all the time!

Does it WORK like my old phone? No, my old phone was SO old that my SIM Card could not be transferred, hence my entire contact list has been lost, so at the moment I only have numbers for those who have called me in the last week. Which is interesting, it makes you notice who is really in communication.

Does it TRANSLATE like my old phone? No, we are in the midst of a communication breakdown at the moment. I am constantly texting the wrong words when pressing the wrong keys, but I am determined to work through the bugs.

Does it CHALLEGE me? Most definitely but aren't most things that are worthy? In my life this has been the case more often than not.

Lastly, will this learning curve be COSTLY? Hell Ya, but when embarking on any new experience, I have also learned you usually pay one way or another.

So... Why do I toss the red flags of caution aside and like a teenage girl revel in my Toy-Crazy infatuation! Because just the touch of it makes me smile ;P I have to bring it where ever I go, introduce it to all of my friends and tell anyone who will listen just how wonderful it is.

Am I committed? YES... Like many before me I have been wooed by sex appeal. A sleek and seductive shiny NEW new thing that promises the cachet of youth, has captured my attention. Though there are moments during these trials & tribulations that make me long for the ease of my old phone. We'll see, my conversion is not yet complete...

Stay tuned to meet my new love's "family', my new MacBook!

Talk on... iP.

1 comment:

DaKing said...

You are so funny. I am in love with my ipod touch.. so i could only imagine the iphone