Thursday, April 2, 2009

Tales from the Hives...


Some of you know that I rave about the Honey in Kauai... It's one of the first things I pick up at the farmer's market the first Saturday I am in Hanalei. Now that I am back in Canada , it is just a fond memory but my resourceful girlfriend Laura found me the next best thing - online! 

From: http://chefshop.com
Sometimes we forget how great it is just to work. As we stepped cautiously into 2009, we were able to take a quick trip to the Big Island, Hawai'i. This is where our friends, the wonderful people who make the Big Island Bees buzz, reside - Garnett, the artisanal beekeeper, and Whendi, the artist who fills the jars with the island wonder.

With great graciousness they took time out of their busy lives and spent a day taking us out and about to see the bees, who were busy pollinating the great Macadamia Orchards for the big nut farms of Hawai'i. It was wonderful! To be one with the trees and to see the bees was a special treat. 

Click on this link to read more about the product and to see some pictures.... Order today - trust me! A teaspoon in your tea, coffee or heck just on a spoon will make you smile ;P

.

No comments: