Friday, April 24, 2009

Sixteenth Century Soap Opera!

After watching a marathon of The Tudors (introduced to me by the lovely Miss Jessica), a dramatic series about the reign and marriages of King Henry VIII, I just had to share. I loved this series... So bad, yet so good! If like me, you are inspired to investigate the timeline of this period click here to view a Showtime Special Feature created by the writers of the series. Each period has a documentary explaining each decade of Henry the VIII's reign - fascinating!




My new obsession also had me researching the creator Michael Hirst  who turned out to be the writer of the 1998 film Elizabeth with Cate Blanchet!

"Declared illegitimate aged 3. Tried for treason aged 21. Crowned Queen aged 25."

As well as the 2007 film Elizabeth: The Golden Age also starring Cate Blanchet. 


"A mature Queen Elizabeth endures multiple crises late in her reign including court intrigues, an assassination plot, the Spanish Armada, and romantic disappointments."

Both films I thoroughly enjoyed. If you did as well... be sure to watch The Tudors on Showtime Sunday Nights at 9pm.

No comments: