Saturday, February 28, 2009

Xavier Rudd - Messages

Xavier was introduced to me by my new co-worker: Tim Mayoh from Sydney Australia... 

He heard me playing Jack Johnson one day and said, if I liked soft spoken local poets proud of the land they came from - I would LOVE Xavier Rudd and he wasn't wrong. Enjoy xo P.

So come sit down
Will you talk with me now?
Let me see through your eyes
Where there is so much life
We are biding our time
For these myths to unwind
These changes we will confront

So peace be where
With every place that you had
Look to your soul
For these things that you know
For the trees that we see
Cannot forever breathe
With the changes they will confront

You know some people 
They just wont understand
They just wont understand these things
Thank you for your message
But I don't understand
No, I just wont understand these things

To read all of this poem, click on this LINK.
.

No comments: