Sunday, February 22, 2009

THE BEST JOB IN THE WORLD!

Well, the Deadline for Submissions for The Best Job In The World ended in the we hours this morning - 11:59pm Feb. 22nd Australian Time and like 34,000 other hopefuls I held my breath watching how many people "viewed" my posted application:



In 36 hours I received over 300 views and am so grateful to my family & friends for rallying to support this process... It wasn't easy, but it was SO much fun!!! What an AMAZING process...

Back in January, the moment the position was posted the emails started flooding in! I received communication from all around the world! Hawaii, Dubai, Switzerland, England and New York... All around the world friends thought THIS was the perfect job for me - ME! 

So, I logged on and watched week by week as thousands downloaded their hopes, their dreams and their desperate attempts to escape their winter realities. I percolated for weeks about how I would "pitch" myself and as hard as I tried to draft a comedy driven script - in the end I had to be true to myself, hence the online resume that you see is the result. 

The result of 3 iMovie Tutorials, 4 trips to The Apple Store - for 1 on 1 "Genius" training and a total of 24 hours of editing (wow, do I have a new found respect)... The learning curve was steep but I did it! That said, I'm only now getting over the panic attack of logging on to post my video with 48 hrs to go, only to have the "Site Under Maintenance" message stare back at me - the DRAMA!!! I loved every second of it! 

Fingers & Toes are crossed... Here's to 5 more sleeps to learn who the top 50 candidates are - Stay Tuned.

Thank-you to everyone who sent me the posting... Thank-you Reagan & Tim for your expert camera equipment... Thank-you to Laura, my Mom and Tim for helping me film & shoot! Lastly, thank-you to the MAC Boys for their patience... I couldn't have done this without you all. xo P.
.

No comments: