Thursday, June 4, 2009

Vancouver Film School - I Survived TERM 1

In the last six weeks I have been in heaven... I have read, watched, analyzed, talked about and pitched a TON of films. For example:

Some Like it Hot
His Girl Friday
Atonement
My Bloody Valentine
Planes, Trains & Automobiles
Working Girl
Big
Maltese Falcon
Sense & Sensability
Bart & Fink
Witness
All About Eve
My Bloody Valentine
Twighlight
Rear Window
Pirates of the Caribbean
Good Will Hunting
Fargo
The Graduate
About a Boy
Broke Back Mountain
Sunset Boulevard
Network
The Hours

Is there rhyme or reason behind these titles? No, not at ALL... Each class was different:
  • Script Genre - Comedy
  • Short Script
  • Story
  • Character
  • Writing Style
  • Biz Format
  • Short Pitch
  • Long Pitch
I can't believe I made it! Stay tuned for next Term...

Starting with Basic Tools - where I get to develop 3 features scripts to pitch, then narrow it down to 2 outlines, of which one will be chosen to take to a treatment stage.

Dialogue - will help me get the words to sound the way people actually talk!

Script Genre: Crime - I can't wait to see what films we will be studying ;P

TV Spec Script - I have already chosen to Spec: Entourage, Mad Men and Californication!

Writing for Animation - maybe, just maybe Chicken Skin will become a animated short ;P

Stay Tuned... xo P.

No comments: