Monday, June 1, 2009

Good Will Hunting

Tonight I watched Good Will Hunting... Yes, for school, but God I love this film. The polarity between working class Boston and the educated world of Harvard & M.I.T. is perfectly crafted in the characters Will vs. Skylar and Sean vs. Lambeau - awesome! If you haven't seen it lately - do. Here's a reminder: 
SEAN (Robin Williams) to WILL (Matt Damon)
My wife's been dead two years, Will. And when I think about her, those are the things I think about most. Little idiosyncrasies that only I knew about. Those made her my wife. And she had the goods on me too. Little things I do out of habit. People call these things imperfections Will. It's just who we are. And we get to choose who we're going to let into out weird little worlds. You're not perfect. And let me save you the suspense, this girl you met isn't either. The question is, whether or not you're perfect for each other. You can know everything in the world, but the only way you're findin' that one out is by giving it a shot. You sure won't get the answer from an old fucker like me. And even if I did know, I wouldn't tell you.

No comments: